Since opening in 2005, Kamalaya has been a popular choice for long-staying guests seeking a safe haven to relax, renew, restore and rejuvenate. However, recent years have seen a significant increase in demand from those wishing to experience a longer holistic immersion, potentially to combine the pursuit of their personal wellness goals with specific creative, or other endeavours in an extraordinarily inspiring environment.
Kamalaya’s Wellbeing Sabbatical Program has been specifically designed to support individuals in need of deeper, more restorative retreat time to counteract the stresses of contemporary lifestyles, such as exhaustion and even adrenal burnout. At the same time, the program provides the optimal setting for guests in search of creative inspiration, a fresh and clear perspective on life and freedom far away from the deadlines and distractions of everyday life. The program’s efficacy is further enhanced by the serene and stunning natural environment at Kamalaya; the power of nature nourishing and nurturing guests during their journey of discovery and healing on every level.
Upon arrival, your Wellbeing Sabbatical begins with a personal consultation with one of our health practitioners. This includes Body Bio-Impedance Analysis to determine your health and wellness needs which allows your program to be tailored for maximum effect and comfort. The program includes a synergy of restorative and revitalising treatments such as Royal Ayurvedic Massage, Shirodhara, Vital Essence Oil Massage, Tension Relief Massage and other healing modalities designed to release physical and mental tension and restore balance and relaxation. Your wellbeing journey continues with a Physiotherapy appointment to assess any postural or structural issues, nutritional guidance, weekly Naturopathic consultations, plus sessions with our Life Enhancement Mentors to explore stress management, meditation, Pranayama breathing exercises, or to discuss any life goals you may wish to achieve.
Should they be required, additional medical tests are available following your consultation (extra charges apply). This program is available to guests staying a minimum of 21 nights at Kamalaya.
*Please note that Wi-Fi is available in guest rooms and in Kamalaya’s library. However, to ensure that other guests are able to disconnect from the outside world and fully benefit from the effectiveness of their chosen wellness programs, public areas at Kamalaya remain subject to our Digital Detox policy where mobile phones, laptops and other devices may not be used. A journal will be provided for guests to jot down any flashes of inspiration that manifest whilst relaxing on the beach, dining in our restaurants, or strolling around our expansive tropical gardens.
- 21 nights accommodation
- Full board (3 Kamalaya meals per day, à la carte or set detox menu)
- All beverages, excluding imported drinks and alcohol
- Roundtrip airport transfer from Samui Airport (USM)
- Tropical welcome drink upon arrival
- 1 x Wellness Consultation
- 1 x Wellness Program Exit & Review
- 1 x Weekly Follow-up Consultation
- 1 x Body Bio-impedance Analysis (BIA)
- 1 x 90 min Nutritional Guidance and Naturopathic Lifestyle Consultation
- 1 x 90 min Initial Stress Management OR Personal Mentoring Consultation
- 2 x 60 min Stress Management OR Personal Mentoring Session
- 1 x 90 min Physiotherapy Session with Assessment
- 2 x 90 min Vital Essence Oil Massage
- 2 x 60 min Indian Head Massage
- 1 x 90 min Kamalaya Signature Treatment: Three Treasures
- 2 x 60 min Traditional Asian Foot Massage
- 2 x 60 min Chi Nei Tsang
- 2 x 45 min Traditional Asian Hand Massage
- 2 x 60 min Royal Ayurvedic Traditional Massage
- 2 x 60 min Shirodhara
- 1 x 75 min Lower Body Tension Relief Massage
- 1 x 75 min Upper Body Tension Relief Massage
- 1 x 75 min Holistic Acupressure Facial Massage
- 3 x 60 min Personal Meditation OR Personal Pranayama OR Reiki OR Yoga
- 2 x 20 min Bioresonance Therapy
- 3 x 30 min Far Infrared Sauna
- Use of swimming and plunge pools, steam caverns, fitness and yoga facilities
- Complimentary attendance to daily holistic fitness activities, view this week's schedule here
- One Wellness gift pack
- The prices quoted above apply to Kamalaya’s Wellbeing Sabbatical Program only. The Wellbeing Sabbatical Program is only available to guests staying a minimum of 21 nights at Kamalaya.
- The prices above already include a discount on the room rate based on guests staying a minimum of 21 nights at Kamalaya. If a guest decides to stay less than 21 nights, they will not be eligible to receive this discount and our standard room rates will apply for the entire period of their stay.
- Guests staying 30 nights or more will receive an additional discount (room rate only). Upon receiving your reservation enquiry, we will notify you of the total amount of this discount.
- For guests who have booked 30 nights or more and decide to depart earlier than 30 nights, the room rate will be calculated and charged depending on the total number of nights stayed at Kamalaya. If the length of their stay is between 21-29 nights, then the discount rate applicable for a 21+ nights’ stay will be applied. If their stay is less than 21 nights, our standard room rates will apply for the entire period of their stay.