If you are looking for a deeply restorative wellness experience of 21 days or longer, which also gives you the flexibility and support to stay connected to your work or perhaps explore a creative or personal pursuit, then Kamalaya’s Wellbeing Sabbatical is made for you. The program is designed to counteract the stresses of contemporary lifestyles, such as exhaustion and even adrenal burnout, and guide you towards a healthier and more balanced life going forward. Whether you seek an immersive wellness experience that simultaneously accommodates your need to stay on top of business, or whether you want to devote time to creative exploration or a specific personal project, you will benefit from having your wellness needs taken care of in a beautiful and naturally inspiring environment that nourishes you on every level. Being removed from your regular environment and limiting the distractions allows for new inspiration insights, ideas and perspectives to emerge.
Your Wellbeing Sabbatical begins with a personal wellness consultation to establish your health and wellness goals, tailor your program to maximum effect and develop a schedule that accommodates your specific creative or professional pursuit. You will enjoy flexibility around scheduling of treatments, including blocks of time to attend to your work and weekly check-ins with your wellness consultant where treatment frequency can be adjusted to suit your needs. During weekly Personal Mentoring sessions, you can work through any issues that may arise, or use the sessions to learn valuable and practical life enhancement strategies.
The program includes a synergy of restorative and revitalising treatments such as Royal Ayurvedic Massage, Shirodhara, Vital Essence Oil Massage, Tension Relief Massage and other healing modalities designed to release physical and mental tension and restore balance and relaxation. A Physiotherapy appointment will assess any postural or structural issues, plus you will receive nutritional guidance and opportunities to explore stress management, meditation, pranayama and holistic movement practices such as yoga and qi gong.
Should they be required, additional medical tests are available following your consultation (extra charges apply). This program is available to guests staying a minimum of 21 nights at Kamalaya.
*To enable easy and stress-free connection to your work, the Kamalaya Wellbeing Sabbatical includes complimentary Wi-Fi in your room and in Kamalaya’s library. To ensure that guests who have chosen to fully disengage from work and home life also have a stress-free experience, public areas at Kamalaya are subject to our Digital Detox policy where mobile phones, laptops and other devices may not be used. A journal will be provided so that you can capture any flashes of inspiration that are bound to arise throughout your stay.
You have the option to adapt this program wholly or partially to non-touch therapies. Substitute options will be discussed at your initial wellness consultation.
- 21 nights accommodation
- Full board (3 Kamalaya meals per day, à la carte or set detox menu)
- All beverages, excluding imported drinks and alcohol
- Roundtrip airport transfer from Samui Airport (USM)
- Tropical welcome drink upon arrival
- 1 x Wellness Consultation
- 1 x Wellness Program Exit & Review
- 1 x Weekly Follow-up Consultation
- 1 x Body Bio-impedance Analysis (BIA)
- 1 x 90 min Nutritional Guidance and Naturopathic Lifestyle Consultation
- 1 x 90 min Initial Stress Management OR Personal Mentoring Consultation
- 2 x 60 min Stress Management OR Personal Mentoring Session
- 1 x 90 min Physiotherapy Session with Assessment
- 2 x 90 min Vital Essence Oil Massage
- 2 x 60 min Indian Head Massage
- 1 x 90 min Kamalaya Signature Treatment: Three Treasures
- 2 x 60 min Traditional Asian Foot Massage
- 2 x 60 min Chi Nei Tsang
- 2 x 45 min Traditional Asian Hand Massage
- 2 x 60 min Royal Ayurvedic Traditional Massage
- 2 x 60 min Shirodhara
- 1 x 75 min Lower Body Tension Relief Massage
- 1 x 75 min Upper Body Tension Relief Massage
- 1 x 75 min Holistic Acupressure Facial Massage
- 3 x 60 min Personal Meditation OR Personal Pranayama OR Reiki OR Yoga
- 2 x 20 min Bioresonance Therapy
- 3 x 30 min Far Infrared Sauna
- In-room Wi-Fi internet access for the duration of your stay
- Use of swimming and plunge pools, steam caverns, fitness and yoga facilities
- Complimentary attendance to daily holistic fitness activities, view this week's schedule here
- One Wellness gift pack
- The prices quoted above apply to Kamalaya’s Wellbeing Sabbatical Program only. The Wellbeing Sabbatical Program is only available to guests staying a minimum of 21 nights at Kamalaya.
- The prices above already include a discount on the room rate based on guests staying a minimum of 21 nights at Kamalaya. If a guest decides to stay less than 21 nights, they will not be eligible to receive this discount and our standard room rates will apply for the entire period of their stay.
- Guests staying 30 nights or more will receive an additional discount (room rate only). Upon receiving your reservation enquiry, we will notify you of the total amount of this discount.
- For guests who have booked 30 nights or more and decide to depart earlier than 30 nights, the room rate will be calculated and charged depending on the total number of nights stayed at Kamalaya. If the length of their stay is between 21-29 nights, then the discount rate applicable for a 21+ nights’ stay will be applied. If their stay is less than 21 nights, our standard room rates will apply for the entire period of their stay.
Lucia is a photographer/health coach from Milan, Italy who has stayed at Kamalaya eight times (up to 9 weeks at a time).
Being at Kamalaya is a about uncluttering and because you are calmer and feel safe, it is the perfect place to plant new seeds and have ideas to begin something new. It starts with the right food and nutrition which is very well taken care of here and the fact that you are surrounded by peaceful and beautiful nature. When I stayed for four weeks I realised that besides my passion for photography healing was my passion all along the years. I studied with Alberto Villoldo and did internships with Carlos Castaneda and Deepak Chopra and am now a Health Coach and Energy Medicine Practitioner. Read More >>
Jürgen is CEO and owner of Pflugfelder Unternehmensgruppe, a conglomerate of 22 companies in Ludwigsburg, Germany. His first visit to Kamalaya was in 2019 for a month-long stay.
“I needed to find myself, to realise what I truly want and to also become more clear about the next years. Staying in only one place for such a long period of time was new to me but I realised very quickly how much it helped me…
“Kamalaya offers so many different activities and I threw myself completely into it. I booked a program and even added some extra treatments. What surprised me most was that I actually like yoga – which was something I had always looked down on and considered it ‘a women’s thing’. And I am now a big fan of Qigong, I have already started to take private classes back at home…
“As I said before - I never took a long holiday but I can tell you: You can get used to that!” Read More >>
Kerry O’ Brien
Kerry is an Investment Manager at a Family Office in Dublin, Ireland. He came to Kamalaya for the first time in 2018 and returned a year later for a month-long stay.
“At Kamalaya, I worked with my naturopath, Leila to construct a program that coaxed me to slow down and allow the natural healing process to take its course. I was surprised by how quickly my body became re-invigorated and nourished, also by the clean, simple and tasty food as well as beverages on offer.
“If I had to take away one thing from my second visit, it was this. I arrived a very closed off angry person due to my illness. After my stay, I ventured back in the world a more open person, excited again about people and the opportunities around me. My heartfelt thanks to everyone at Kamalaya who helped me on my journey.” Read More >>