Already benchmarked as the blueprint for future wellness retreats and spa holidays, award winning Kamalaya offers exciting employment opportunities for people who genuinely care about the well-being and happiness of others. The sanctuary comprises a 75-room wellness resort, featuring two restaurants, a tea lounge and extensive wellness and spa facilities. Kamalaya offers wellness solutions that include over 70 treatments from Eastern and Western healing traditions, as well as programs, retreats and holistic classes, all within a resort of outstanding natural beauty. There are many personal and professional growth development opportunities across our wellness and hospitality departments. We are looking for individuals who truly care about people, health and wellbeing and who can provide the best possible service to our guests. We strongly believe that it isn't just our guests who can explore and experience life's potential at Kamalaya, but our employees as well. Whichever role you might apply for, you can expect to receive the training and on-going support necessary both for your own development and for the team as a whole. Kamalaya offers competitive packages, benefits and conditions in all positions.
If you would like to apply for any of the currently listed vacancies below please send your CV to our HR department at the following email address: careers(at)kamalaya.com
Come and join us - feel life's potential!
Director of Sales & Marketing
We are looking for a dynamic, energetic and engaging Director of Sales & Marketing to be based at the resort who will be responsible for the leadership, development and management of the Sales & Marketing team including related S&M consultants, representations and PR agencies, project managers, trade partners and professionals. This person is responsible for the overall guidance, development, implementation and management of Kamalaya’s Sales & Marketing strategies, operations and projects in conjunction with colleagues, the management team and board of directors.
- Lead development of annual sales, marketing, digital, PR and CRM action plans
- Manage and oversee acquisition, relationship development, sales performance and promotion-related activities with all existing and potential trade partners; establishing personal close relationships with identified key account partners
- Work with sales teams to track, monitor and maximise sales performance (trade and direct), supervising sales reporting and analysis on bi-weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Manage and coordinate agenda and supporting documentation and reporting for annual Sales and Pricing strategy meetings
- Represent Kamalaya Koh Samui at trade shows, market visits and industry events as required
- Lead digital marketing team to deliver integrated digital communications strategies and campaigns, including overseeing Kamalaya’s own websites, as well as referral websites, PPC campaigns, social media activities and email marketing campaigns
- Direct and oversee all content production for digital marketing, traditional marketing and collaterals, as well as PR purposes, ensuring Kamalaya’s health and wellness approach and philosophies are communicated in line with key messaging and brand guidelines
- Drive and lead the PR function with overall guidance for in-house team and international PR agencies where relevant
- Direct and supervise Customer Relationship Management activities to include production of magazines and collaterals as well as strategic planning of market events and digital communications
- Lead and manage relationships within the industry to include affiliations, third parties, brand ambassadors and co-marketing partnerships
- Write, track and manage the annual Sales & Marketing budget, monthly P&L, costs and expenses including all contracts and purchases of the department
The perfect candidate should possess strong team leadership skills and be adept and working in a multi-cultural environment giving strategic direction as well as working closely with individuals in the team in a hands-on capacity. He or she must be able to oversee and coordinate timely execution of departmental projects, sales trips, trade shows, operations and services according to agreed budgets and action plans.
He or she should be a natural communicator and have a genuine passion, enthusiasm and respect for holistic wellness, as well as strong expertise in delivering high quality Sales & Marketing campaigns that powerfully convey Kamalaya’s concept and philosophy through different mediums and to a number of international audiences.
The most suited candidate will be a proactive and self-motivated team player with a personable disposition and the ability to juggle workloads and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines.
This is an ideal role for someone who is genuinely excited about positively growing a world-class brand and who enjoys being an integral member of an inspiring team within an award winning experience.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Fluency and a strong command of the English language (written and conversational)
- Extensive experience across a wide range of aspects of Sales & Marketing including strategy, budgeting, relationship and performance management, digital marketing and communications, PR, events and customer relationship management
- Strong team leadership skills and adept to lead a multi-cultural team
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise in order to meet deadlines
- Strong competency in budget management is essential
- Personal understanding, interest and experience in the health or wellness sector, and preferably professional experience within the hospitality industry
- Working experience abroad and particularly in Asia is a bonus
- A degree or other tertiary level education
- Creative, enthusiastic, pro-active and self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Analytical, organized and efficient with strong communication skills
- Confident with social interaction in a multicultural environment
A competitive salary, company medical insurance and an attractive package of other benefits will be offered.
Please email your application explaining why you are inspired to join Kamalaya, together with a full CV, recent references and photograph to careers(at)kamalaya.com
Kamalaya Koh Samui is an award-winning 76-room Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa located amid a lush, tropical landscape on the southern coastline of Koh Samui, Thailand. Kamalaya offers a unique holistic lifestyle concept for enhanced wellbeing, integrating healing practices and treatments from East and West, a beautiful natural environment, inspired healthy cuisine, customised programs ranging from the popular Detox, Stress & Burnout, as well as Healthy Lifestyle, Yoga Synergy and Emotional Balance. Kamalaya features two restaurants, a tea lounge, and extensive wellness and spa facilities.
We are seeking a passionate, energetic and operationally focused Financial Controller to oversee, direct and manage the Finance Department, and supports the development, implementation, maintenance and administration of all financial controls and accounting procedures within the resort. This challenging role with responsibilities for financial reporting, budgets, control of cash funds and assets, organising efficient treasury, purchasing and store room management requires an outgoing personality with enthusiasm and leadership skills to drive the Finance Team through exceptional people and communication skills. This is a rewarding role for a team player who is highly organised, structured and efficient, who enjoys attention to details and is focused on achieving tangible results working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
The most suitable candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration.
- 8 years plus accounting experience with at least 10 years in a managerial positions.
- Experience of working in an International environment and for a company that requires the ability to communicate with a culturally diverse group of peers and customers.
- Working experience with an island resort and/or abroad is a bonus.
- Strong analytical as well as interpersonal communication skills.
- Financial system and business modelling skills.
- Good command of English (written and spoken).
The role will report to Kamalaya’s General Manager.
This position is open to Thai Citizens only.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to gm(at)kamalaya.com
Yoga Teacher/Yoga Instructor
• Responsible for conducting and instructing of Pilates mat and reformer, flow Yoga, Hatha Yoga and Yin Yoga classes.
• Require Minimum one year as a Yoga instructor. Yoga certification: 150 hrs and ability, willingness to grow and learn.
Personal Trainer (2 position)
• Possess the ability to motivate and enthuse people from a wide range of backgrounds
• High school diploma and certification classes; associates or bachelor's degree in fitness-related field may be preferred
• Male or Female, ask not over 32 years old
• Good communication and 'people' skills
• An outgoing and friendly personality
• A tactful approach and responsible attitude to health and safety
• The ability to motivate and inspire people
• Basic Knowledge of nutrition and healthy foods
• Good fitness levels
• Female Ages 22-30 years and Only Thai Nationality
• At least 1 years experience in similar position
• Bachelor’s Degree in any field
• Good command of spoken & written in English
SPA Therapist (Many position-Urgent)
• Experience in similar position or 150 hours Thai massage certification
• Basic communication in English