12th - 16th December 2019
"Drawing Down the Sun and the Moon"
A Yoga Practice Immersion on the Principles, Practice and Potential of Yin & Yang Yoga
Yoga is a living tradition and over the last 12 or more years ‘Yin & Yang Yoga’ has evolved as an immensely popular approach to practice. Its popularity lies in its accessibility, effectiveness and enjoyment, while it offers complete and balanced content honoring the invocation of 'hatha': sun and moon, masculine and feminine, physical and mental, action and stillness.
The retreat offers participants an opportunity to enrich and expand their yoga practice through a yoga immersion with Simon Low, one of the world’s foremost specialists of ‘Yin & Yang Yoga’. Within a small group of maximum 12 participants, students will receive individualized consideration, informed by Simon’s ongoing studies in Traditional Chinese Medicine, applied anatomy, Pranayama, Oriental and contemporary energy practices, psychology and philosophy.
Simon Low's approach to Yang Yoga is a combination of continually flowing vinyasa and a broad asana spectrum that builds energy, flexibility and strength while deeply honoring the natural rhythms and construction of the human anatomy. Precision of alignment is balanced by circular and spiral movement patterns with particular emphasis on joint care, breath work and ease of movement. Simon's Yin Yoga teachings incorporate a series of deeply restorative asanas alongside postures inspired by Taoist Yoga that stimulate energy meridians and connective tissue while offering a profoundly effective platform for the many facets of 'presence'.
Each morning begins with a Yang Yoga practice and meditation from 8.15-10.30 followed by an afternoon Yin Yoga practice from 16.30-19.00 within which Simon will establish his foundational principles of Yin & Yang Yoga. The Yoga Immersion also offers private time to relax and enjoy the lush tropical paradise of Kamalaya, its renowned wellness centre, the extensive activities, facilities, pools and stunning beachfront. Optional evening gatherings for meditation, film, lecture and discussion will also be scheduled.
- 4 nights' accommodation
- Full board of Kamalaya's Inspired Healthy Cuisine
- All beverages, excluding imported drinks and alcohol
- Roundtrip airport transfers
- Tropical welcome drink upon arrival
- 3x morning Yang Yoga class from 7:30-10:00
- 3x evening Yin Yoga class from 16:30-19:00
- 1x 60 minute Royal Ayurvedic Message
- 1x 90 minute Vital Essence Oil Massage
- 1x 120 minute Traditional Thai Massage
- Use of swimming and plunge pools, steam caverns, fitness and yoga facilities
- Complimentary attendance to scheduled daily holistic fitness activities
- One wellness gift bag
- Optional evening activities including film & discussion, meditation
- 20% Discount on additional Wellness treatments (excluding Visiting Practitioner sessions)
For further information please email us reservations(at)kamalaya.com
Simon Low, BWY and Yoga Alliance (E-RYT 500) teacher is Principal of The Yoga Academy and offers foundational and continued education to yoga teachers and students in the UK and internationally. After many years in the music industry, Simon took a path toward the health and healing of others through yoga and complementary wellness practices. Simon’s teachings reflect his ongoing studies in many forms of yoga, traditional Chinese and Eastern medicine, Qi Gong, ancient and contemporary healing methodologies, centered-movement, philosophy, psychology and physical therapy. In addition to co-founding London’s Triyoga as well as consulting retreat centres and studios around the world, Simon has developed a unique and personal style. He now practices and teaches a broad spectrum approach he loosely labels Yin & Yang Yoga, offering fresh vitality to yoga practice, innovative and intelligent asana, kindness and respect to the human form, transformative breathing practices, and peace and tranquility for the mind.
For information about Simon’s workshops, holidays and teacher training courses, his DVD ‘Yin and Yang Yoga’ or his ‘Yin Yoga App’ for iPhone, please email: info(at)kamalaya.com
Terms & Conditions:
- All rates are quoted in Thai Baht including 10% service charge & 7% VAT
- Prices are per room per stay (with all retreat inclusions for one person in single room & with all retreat inclusions for two persons in double room)
- Check-in time 14:00 and Check-out time 12:00
- Minimum age for retreats is 18
- Rates, services charge and taxes are subject to change without prior notice
- Retreat Package prices are applicable for the mentioned periods only.
- Any treatments, services or meals not utilized cannot be exchanged or refunded
- Any incidental charges will be collected from guests at check-out (credit card imprint must be presented upon check-in by each individual guest)
- Any cancellation within 7 days of arrival will be charged at 100% of the full booking
- Any cancellation within 21 days of arrival will be charged at 50% of the full booking
30% deposit of total package amount is required to secure your space and accommodation 60 days before arrival.
Kamalaya requires the remaining balance of total package amount 30 days prior to arrival date.
Non arrival & early check-out policy:
In the event of guest non-arrival or early check-out, Kamalaya Koh Samui will charge 100% of the total booking fee (including accommodation and retreat services) for the full length of stay and as per the most up to date booking confirmation.
Group retreats may be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control or if the minimum number of confirmed participants to hold a group retreat is not reached. We therefore strongly advise that all guests take out adequate travel insurance. Kamalaya cannot be held responsible for flights and travel arrangements in the unlikely event of cancellation of the retreat by Kamalaya. If and when a retreat is cancelled by Kamalaya, you will be offered a full refund or the option to transfer your funds to another Kamalaya wellness package during the same date period or the option to transfer your funds toward a later visit at Kamalaya.