MEDITATION PRACTICE TIPS
Try these simple suggestions to cultivate your meditation practice at home. There is no need to feel discouraged if you don’t have special cushions or meditation music nearby; these can certainly help but are not essential.
- Start with a simple type of meditation which appeals to you
- Choose a comfortable posture with your back straight
- Be relaxed; be still; be aware of what is happening in and around you
- Bring your focus to an object of attention (a sound, image, mantra, breath, body etc.)
- Focus on this object for 3-4 minutes and then rest for a few minutes
- Repeat this cycle of focus and rest a few times
- Don’t attempt to control or empty the mind
- If the mind wanders, simply return your focus to the object with a gentle smile
The signs of adrenal burnout are often hard to diagnose correctly, since they seem like part of everyday life. But if you suffer from an afternoon energy crash that is followed by a boost of energy late in the evening, you should take a closer look.