Kamalaya has remained open throughout the COVID-19 months, providing a safe haven for our guests. This gave us the opportunity to sensitively adapt to the changing requirements of the situation as it has unfolded and to implement the highest precautionary measures. Having already been working with newly developed health and safety protocols since March, our team is well-practiced and our operations are stringently safe, allowing you full peace of mind as you disconnect from the pressures of the outside world and reconnect deeply within.
Steps to protect safety, freedom and peace of mind:
- Cases of COVID-19 have been extremely rare on Koh Samui with only single digit cases being reported during 2020. There have been no recent cases reported.
- Optional Covid-19 antibody testing is offered on day one and day six of your stay.
- As always, you have access to the care of an in-house medical doctor, a team of medical nurses as well as a broad scope of holistic therapists such as naturopaths, Chinese Medicine Doctors, ayurvedic therapists, physiotherapists, personal trainers.
- We understand there is currently a greater need to stay connected with family, friends and businesses, therefore there is complimentary wifi available in your room for the duration of your stay.
- Daily body temperature scan for all hosts and guests.
- Increased thorough deep cleaning practices introduced as a matter of course.
As a Wellness Sanctuary and Holistic Spa, we understand the vital importance of keeping our guests safe at all times. We work closely with government health departments, as well as the Tourism Authority of Thailand to remain up to date with the official COVID-19 safety regulations. Kamalaya recently received the ‘Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration Certificate’ which recognises hotels that strictly follow the hygiene, health and cleanliness standards issued by the Ministry of Public Health to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Please see below for answers to some of our most commonly asked questions and kindly note they are subject to change if government regulations are updated.
Do I need to quarantine upon arrival in Thailand?
Yes, all international visitors currently have to quarantine upon arrival in Thailand by booking a hotel which has been designated as an Alternative State Quarantine facility. The majority of these hotels are currently located in Bangkok and the quarantine period at the time of writing is 14 days. Please check with your travel agent or airline for the most up to date information as these requirements are subject to change. International visitors also have to provide certain medical certifications prior to being permitted to travel to Thailand and undergo symptom checks upon arrival.
Do I need to self-quarantine at Kamalaya?
- If they are not displaying any symptoms, our guests do not need to self-quarantine during their stay at Kamalaya. This is because they will already have had to pass state quarantine requirements upon arrival in Thailand.
- All international visitors are also screened for COVID-19 and their medical certification documents are checked before being permitted to enter Thailand.
What else is Kamalaya doing to protect the wellbeing of guests?
- We carefully wipe all luggage with anti-viral products before loading it into hotel vehicles.
- All staff wear PPE relevant to their specific job and their level of interaction with guests. Guests are strongly encouraged to wear masks.
- We provide a medical assessment upon arrival. This includes a thermal body temperature check, a recent travel history questionnaire and the first of two optional COVID-19 rapid antibody tests.
- Our registered nurses conduct daily temperature and symptom check for each guest.
- We have an onsite medical Doctor and nursing team available to assist guests at any stage.
- All key cards, pens, telephones, surfaces, facilities, rooms, public areas, treatment rooms and resort vehicles are sanitised, deep cleaned or replaced following each use with anti-viral products.
- We provide alcohol hand sanitiser stations throughout the resort.
- All meals are served on an a la carte basis (instead of a buffet) to avoid potential cross exposure.
- Many additional protocols and procedures are in place to ensure optimal hygiene levels are maintained at every touchpoint throughout the guest experience.
How does Kamalaya protect the health of its hosts, therapists and staff?
- We care deeply about the safety of our staff and also provide them with health insurance cover.
- Twice-daily temperature and symptom checks for staff are conducted before they enter and exit the property. We also do the same for all outside suppliers and service providers.
- Hosts follow Kamalaya’s strict health and hygiene protocols and government safety regulations.
- COVID-19 rapid-antibody testing is made available for all our team.
- All hosts are empowered to immediately self-quarantine at home if they feel unwell in any way.
- We have an approval system in place for staff who need to travel outside of the island.