Our eating habits and preferences have a major impact on our physical health and appearance. Adopting a more mindful approach to eating can help you find a middle path and achieve balance between binging and fasting extremes.
Mindfulness techniques for healthy eating include:
- Listen to your body about when to ‘start’ and ‘stop’ eating based on hunger and satiety signals
- Assess whether you are ordering food from a state of ‘attachment’ or ‘anxiety and fear’. This awareness brings a balance. A healthy balance between quantity and quality is important. Lean more towards quality
- Eat small mouthfuls and be aware of the acts of chewing and swallowing
- Slow down to respect, savour and enjoy your food
- Develop a true appreciation and state of gratitude for the food and for your body’s innate wisdom during meals
Detoxifying can have a vast array of benefits to bodies exhausted by hectic modern lifestyles. It can boost the immune system, aid in weight loss, improve digestion, balance fluctuating moods and revitalize systems crying out for support
There is a collection of key components to any detox regime, the most important of which are diet, giving your body the time it needs to rest, and helping it to cleanse your tissues with therapeutic treatments.
Excessive stress is the main cause. Working too much, sleeping too little, the constant demands of a fast-paced, high-stress lifestyle, and even stressful life events can compromise the adrenals.
he warning signs that you’re suffering stress and burnout can start with the feeling that every day is a bad day; when caring about your work or home life seems to be a total waste of energy.