“AWAKENING YOUR ESSENTIAL SELF” WITH KARINA STEWART
5th-13th August 2017
30th September-8th October 2017Guests will have the unique opportunity to work closely with Kamalaya co-Founder Karina Stewart, MATCM (Masters of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine) who will personally facilitate a series of intimate group retreats to support participants through a subtle process of inner discovery and awakening to your essential self.
Raised in a multicultural setting and exposed from a young age to diverse Asian healing and spiritual traditions, Karina brings to her retreats over 30 years of healing and teaching experience. Her exceptional gifts as a healer enrich her teaching style and inspire people to discover themselves in new and heartening ways.
In a small group of maximum 9 participants, you will be guided in experiential practices, therapies and dialogues to discover, clear and release habits and patterns that no longer serve a healthy and fulfilling life. When we let go and eliminate what is extraneous and nonessential to our health and happiness, we are free to reconnect to our inner source of wellbeing and restart anew.
Similar to a profound and liberating exhale, Karina’s truly holistic retreats combine time for exploration together, an individually dedicated nutrition concept and a range of therapies for cleansing the body, with powerful practices that promote letting-go and expansion on a mental and emotional level. In a gentle and nurturing way, Karina will guide you to release negative emotions, experiences and thought patterns that hinder your personal flourishing and inspire you to cultivate your full potential with a refreshed experience.
Each participant will have one personal consultation session with Karina during the retreat, while the group setting offers a special opportunity for a shared journey. This environment promotes greater insights, profound realizations and powerful energy in daily practices that are unavailable in an individualized setting.
Healing treatments in Kamalaya’s Wellness Sanctuary enhance the inward journey, comforting and nurturing the physical body.
- 8 nights' accommodation
- Full board of Kamalaya's Inspired Healthy Cuisine
- All beverages, excluding imported drinks & alcohol
- Roundtrip airport transfers
- Tropical welcome drink upon arrival
- Daily morning meditation with Karina
- 7 morning group sessions
- 7 afternoon group sessions
- 1x 90 minute personal consultation with Karina
- Choice of 1x 60 minute Vital Essence Oil Massage or 1x 60 minute Thai Massage
- 3x 30 minute Far Infrared Sauna
- 3x 30 minute Chi Nei Tsang
- 2x 60 minute Chi Nei Tsang
- 1x 60 minute Traditional Asian Foot Massage
- 1x 60 minute Traditional Asian Hand Massage
- 1x 60 minute Indian Head Massage
- Use of swimming and plunge pools, steam caverns, fitness and yoga facilities
- Complimentary attendance to scheduled daily holistic fitness activities
- One wellness gift bag
- Optional evening activities including film & discussion
For further information please email us reservations(at)kamalaya.com
Karina Stewart, Master in Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese medicine (MATCM), is committed to creating an environment where healing and harmonious transformation can flourish. From the age of 14, when she began meditating and exploring Asian spiritual philosophies, her heart was opened to an existence of devotion and self-discovery. She later went to Princeton University and completed a B.A. in Cultural Anthropology with a focus on Asian religions. Karina’s fascination with the East and passion for health led her to California’s Yo San University, where she gained a Master’s degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine followed by internships in Japan and China. Her training extends to structural therapies such as Hellerwork and Cranial-Sacral Manipulation, as well as yoga and Taoist philosophy and practices.
Prior to Kamalaya, Karina founded a health center in Kathmandu, Nepal, where for seven years she practiced Oriental Medicine and produced a range of Chinese herbal elixirs. Following this period she collaborated on a research project in California to develop and test medical detoxification protocols combining modern medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Naturopathy. Karina also designed and directed medical detoxification programs at the Hall Centre, an integrative medical center in California, and facilitated ‘Awakening’ retreats in several cities throughout the US, which focused on cellular detoxification and purification practices from both Eastern and Western traditions.
In 2000, after conceiving and growing for many years the vision that would become Kamalaya, Karina and her husband John Stewart embarked on the journey of the creation of Kamalaya in Thailand. Working together with passion and complimentary contributions, Karina and John founded what would years later become Kamalaya – Koh Samui, a profound expression of their life journeys and deep commitment to service and positive contribution.
Terms & Conditions:
- All rates are quoted in Thai Baht including 10% service charge & 7% VAT
- Prices are per room per stay (with all retreat inclusions for one person in single room & with all retreat inclusions for two persons in double room)
- Check-in time 14:00 and Check-out time 12:00
- Minimum age for retreats is 18
- Rates, services charge and taxes are subject to change without prior notice
- Retreat Package prices are applicable for the mentioned periods only.
- Any treatments, services or meals not utilized cannot be exchanged or refunded
- Any incidental charges will be collected from guests at check-out (credit card imprint must be presented upon check-in by each individual guest)
- Any cancellation within 7 days of arrival will be charged at 100% of the full booking
- Any cancellation within 21 days of arrival will be charged at 50% of the full booking
- In the unlikely event of cancellation of the retreat by Kamalaya, you will be offered a full refund or the option to transfer your funds to another in-house Kamalaya yoga or wellness package during the same date period or the option to transfer your funds toward a later visit at Kamalaya.
30% deposit of total package amount is required to secure your space and accommodation 60 days before arrival.
Kamalaya requires the remaining balance of total package amount 30 days prior to arrival date.
Non arrival & early check-out policy:
In the event of guest non-arrival or early check-out, Kamalaya Koh Samui will charge 100% of the total booking fee (including accommodation and retreat services) for the full length of stay and as per the most up to date booking confirmation.
We strongly advise that all guests take out adequate 'activity orientated' travel insurance in case of unavoidable emergencies that may result in the cancellation of their stay at Kamalaya.