8 Nights / 9 Days Group Retreat with Karina Stewart
YOU WILL BE WORKING WITH
Join Kamalaya Co-founder Karina Stewart for an intimate small group retreat, sensitively designed to provide the conditions for your deepest self to blossom to its fullest expression. Drawing from rich, diverse sources of wisdom, benefit from the culmination of Karina’s life journey as she guides you with individualized nutrition, therapies to cleanse the body and practices to release negative patterns of thought and feeling. Awaken Your Essence will allow you to harness new facets of yourself and embody your full potential.
Retreat dates to be announced
- 8 nights’ accommodation
- Full board of Kamalaya’s Inspired Healthy Cuisine
- All beverages, excluding imported drinks & alcohol
- Roundtrip airport transfers
- Tropical welcome drink upon arrival
- Daily morning meditation with Karina
- 7 morning group sessions
- 7 afternoon group sessions
- 1x 60 minute personal consultation with Karina
- 1x 30 minute follow-up consultation with Karina
- Choice of 1x 60 minute Vital Essence Oil Massage or 1x 60 minute Thai Massage
- 3x 30 minute Far Infrared Sauna
- 3x 30 minute Chi Nei Tsang
- 1x 60 minute Kati Vasti
- 1x 60 minute Traditional Asian Foot Massage
- 1x 60 minute Traditional Asian Hand Massage
- 1x 60 minute Indian Head Massage
- Use of swimming and plunge pools, steam caverns, fitness and yoga facilities
- Complimentary attendance to scheduled daily holistic fitness activities
- One wellness gift bag
- Optional evening activities including film & discussion
- 20% Discount on additional Wellness treatments (excluding Visiting Practitioner sessions).
Retreat dates to be announced
ABOUT KARINA STEWART
Karina’s life-long passion for ancient healing wisdom led her to gain a BA in Cultural Anthropology from Princeton University, specialising in Asian religious cultures and a master’s degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine from Yo San University, California followed by internships in Japan and China. Interested in the integration of multiple approaches, Karina extended her training to yoga, Taoist philosophy as well as the structural approaches of Hellerwork and Cranial-Sacral therapy. Prior to Kamalaya, Karina founded a health centre in Kathmandu, has led ‘Awakening’ retreats throughout America and has developed detoxification protocols combining approaches from modern medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine and naturopathy. Motivated to make ancient healing wisdom accessible and practical, Karina applies her pragmatic approach imbued with her unique blend of influences during her ‘Awakening Your Essence’ retreats to give you a new experience of yourself that is both subtle and powerful.
YOUR TREATMENTS EXPLAINED
Kamalaya’s unique Vital Essence Oil Massage combines Asian knowledge of energy principles with the science of aromatherapy to create the perfect synergy between East and West. This magical and harmonising experience is a simple and effective way to let go of tensions, improve your health, balance your emotions and enhance your life. One of our Five Element essential oils will be selected to suit your body’s constitution: Water, Wood (Air), Fire, Earth, and Metal (Ether).
Thai massage is based on the discovery of ten invisible energy lines called Sen, which run along the body. Your journey begins with a masterful combination of Thai stretching techniques and deep tissue pressure point massage. This stimulates the blood flow, releases toxins, and allows the body to naturally heal itself and restore suppleness. Daily Thai Massage can help accelerate the pace of the detoxification process and reduce any discomfort. This treatment is available with or without the use of a hot herbal compress. The hot herbal compress, which is an ancient Thai healing tradition, uses a potent blend of herbs that are designed to open energy pathways directly affecting the brain. This can help to clear mental fog, soothe and calm the mind.
Far Infrared Therapy provides deeply penetrating heat while maintaining a comfortable air temperature of 42-45 degrees Celsius. Use of the Far Infrared Sauna has many therapeutic benefits; it stimulates circulation and boosts immunity, increases metabolism and the burning of calories, and promotes detoxification to purify the body. It may also reduce heavy metal accumulation. Far Infrared Therapy deep-cleanses the skin, reduces cellulite, and slows down the ageing process because it promotes skin cell regeneration and unburdens the body of toxins. Various skin conditions may be treated and joint or muscular inflammation reduced. The Far Infrared Sauna promotes deep muscle relaxation to banish tension and stress and a feeling of wellbeing is achieved. Please arrive at Wellness Reception with sufficient time before this treatment to drink the necessary water for hydration purposes. The cold plunge pool should be avoided immediately after this treatment.
Chi Nei Tsang is excellent for a diversity of health imbalances from digestive problems to nervous tension and stress. It promotes circulation and therefore health of the internal organs, while also balancing the nervous system to release stress and facilitate healing. Based on the Taoist theory that refers to the ‘gut’ as a ‘second brain’, this treatment releases stored emotional and psychological tension and stress thereby promoting healing on an emotional level. A series of treatments is most beneficial. Chi Nei Tsang is especially recommended for all detoxification, stress release and weight balancing programs.
Kati refers to the lower back in Sanskrit. This treatment focuses specifically on treating discomfort relating to the back, such as chronic tension, a prolapsed disk or sciatica. Kati Vasti also benefits hypertension, cardiac related conditions and fertility. Psychological imbalances relating to fear, shock and the feeling of lack of support in life correlate to this area of the body in Traditional Chinese Medicine. A medicinal paste is applied in a ring around the affected area, and warm Ayurvedic oil is poured in its centre. The oil is kept within the ring for 30 minutes. This application is followed by back massage and steam with hot towels for a deeply nourishing and supportive experience. It is highly recommended that you avoid the sun for several hours after your treatment.
Ancient Chinese theory of approximately 5000 years ago observed that feet are miniature maps of your entire body, with specific points on the feet corresponding to all major body parts and organs. This treatment uses specific pressure points to systematically activate the nerve reflexes, thereby stimulating all body organs and tissues to improve overall function and wellbeing. Effective for calming the mind, relieving headaches and inducing deep and restful sleep.
Inspired by Korean hand acupuncture, this highly effective treatment opens the energy channels of your chest, lungs, and heart centre thereby facilitating the release of accumulated emotional stress and old emotional patterns (particularly those associated with sadness and grief). Profoundly effective for opening your heart centre and facilitating the flow of joy, love, and bliss, this treatment has a deeply balancing effect on your psyche. It also soothes the nerves in the arms and hands and helps reduce tension associated with desk work.
Based on the ancient healing system of Ayurveda, this massage treatment is received in a seated position to relieve tension and blockages from your shoulders, neck, back and scalp. Using deep thumb and finger pressure, you will experience improved circulation to the head, the release of emotional and physical tension, and an enhanced state of relaxation and mental clarity.
GOOD TO KNOW
Please note that Kamalaya’s wellness programs have been designed to help you reach your health goals in the most effective way. Any changes made to your program may compromise the efficacy of the program and the overall result.
- After check in, guests wishing to change or eliminate specific treatments in confirmed packages may do so subject to availability of the therapy they wish to substitute.
- All Kamalaya Wellness packages carry a built-in 20% discount on wellness and food and beverage services. Therefore cancellation of any packaged therapies will be credited at 80% of the normal retail price.
- Treatments selected in substitution will be charged at full retail rate against which any credits can be applied.
- Credits against cancelled treatments may only be used towards the purchase of treatments offered on the Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa treatment menu. These credits may not be used towards sessions with Visiting Practitioners, food and beverage, accommodation, purchases in the resort’s retail shop or any incidental costs such as laundry services etc.
- In the case of a contra-indication whereby Kamalaya’s health practitioners advise against a certain treatment included in the wellness package a credit of 80% will apply.
- Any cancelled treatments that are later re-instated into the package will be charged at 100%.
- Any unused credit from cancelling package treatments is non-refundable and non-transferable if left un-used by the end of the stay.
EXPLORE OTHER WELLNESS GOALS
CHOOSE YOUR OPTIONS