Working at Kamalaya Koh Samui
Already benchmarked as the blueprint for future wellness retreats and spa holidays, award winning Kamalaya offers exciting employment opportunities for people who genuinely care about the well-being and happiness of others. The sanctuary comprises a 75-room wellness resort, featuring two restaurants, a tea lounge and extensive wellness and spa facilities. Kamalaya offers wellness solutions that include over 70 treatments from Eastern and Western healing traditions, as well as programs, retreats and holistic classes, all within a resort of outstanding natural beauty. There are many personal and professional growth development opportunities across our wellness and hospitality departments. We are looking for individuals who truly care about people, health and wellbeing and who can provide the best possible service to our guests. We strongly believe that it isn't just our guests who can explore and experience life's potential at Kamalaya, but our employees as well. Whichever role you might apply for, you can expect to receive the training and on-going support necessary both for your own development and for the team as a whole. Kamalaya offers competitive packages, benefits and conditions in all positions.
If you would like to apply for any of the currently listed vacancies below please send your CV to our HR department at the following email address: ahrm(at)kamalaya.com
Come and join us - feel life's potential!
NATUROPATH/HOLISTIC WELLNESS CONSULTANT
A thorough knowledge of naturopathic systems and modalities with a minimum of three years clinical experience. A deeper knowledge of cellular detoxification, weight control and stress management is preferred
The ability to work as part of a large team and to show cross cultural sensitivity in dealings with colleagues and guests is very important
A self-motivated team player with a personable disposition and excellent people skills, including the ability to relate to people in a friendly, understanding, and professional manner
The ability to speak a foreign language is preferred
Please email wellnessdirector(at)kamalaya.com for more in depth information regarding this current Naturopathic position.
Assistant Sales & Marketing Manager/ Sales Manager
An opportunity to play a central role in a dynamic Sales & Marketing team, offering the potential to grow and build a career in sales. A team player, the Assistant or Senior Assistant Sales & Marketing Manager will work closely with all members of the Sales & Marketing team, reporting to the Assistant Director of Sales.
Responsibilities will include liaison and management of domestic travel partner network including at least bi-annual trips to Bangkok to meet key DMC partners with potential to develop other Asian markets; carrying out site inspections for domestic and global travel partners visiting Kamalaya; responding to sales enquiries as required and implementation and coordination of contracting; and assisting the Assistant Director of Sales and Reservations Teams in the production of sales reporting and revenue management processes.
As a key role in the team, this person will also provide support to other team members, including the PR Manager (collation and circulation of monthly press clipping reports), and the Assistant Customer Relationship Manager (coordination of guest events in key markets), as well as managing stocks of sales and marketing collaterals and performing general administrative support to the department.
Sales & Marketing and business development projects and initiatives will provide further challenging opportunities on an ongoing basis.
The successful candidate will have at least one year’s experience in the hospitality industry or other guest relations roles (such as sales, retail, PR or marketing), and should be looking to build a career in Sales & Marketing. He/she must be fluent in written and spoken English.
Experience and Qualifications:
• One year in same job in hospitality or spa
• University degree to Bachelor or Master
• Overseas schooling or University in English-speaking country a bonus
• Organized , efficient, good at writing, confident with social interaction
Assistant SPA Manager
• Thai Nationality Only
• Bachelor Degree in any field
• Good Command of English Language and computer skill
• Female Age range from 28 to 45
• Experience as Spa Supervisor at least 1 year
• Open minded to trying new things or experiences and able to work in a flexible environment
• Able to work under pressure
• Responsible for managing and running spa operations including:
• Working long hours as needed
• Handling and solving problems from customer or employee or clients
• Making sure goals are met
• Providing daily reports of any issues or problems that happened during the day
• Helping reception when there is not enough manpower
• any additional requirements as needed
• monitor customer satisfaction daily
• Keep ongoing communication going between departments
• Delegating tasks to other departments
• Able to make decisions
• Handle HR duties in department.
Assistant Chief Accountant / Chief Accountant
• Male/female in Thai Nationality only
• Age over 30 years old
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• Minimum 3 years experience in the position as Assistant Chief Accountant/Chief Accountant and experience in hotel business
• Have a good command of English
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadline required
Purchasing Manager / Assistant Purchasing Manager
• Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company
• Proficient in the use of Internet, E-mail and Microsoft Office, if can use MC (Materials Control) system would be an advantage.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
• Good command of English both written and spoken
• Bachelor’s degree in Business and Administration or similar certification.
• 5 years experience in hotel business
Personal Trainer (2 position)
• Possess the ability to motivate and enthuse people from a wide range of backgrounds
• High school diploma and certification classes; associates or bachelor's degree in fitness-related field may be preferred
• Male or Female, ask not over 32 years old
• Good communication and 'people' skills
• An outgoing and friendly personality
• A tactful approach and responsible attitude to health and safety
• The ability to motivate and inspire people
• Basic Knowledge of nutrition and healthy foods
• Good fitness levels
• Degree or Certificate in Spa therapies, including training certificates of all courses attended for knowledge update. Trainer certification required
• Excellent written and spoken in English.
• Minimum 5 years experience as therapist.
• A deep commitment to healing and to serving others.
• A respect for and desire to learn about other healing and spa modalities and openness and passion for learning other approaches to spa treatments and the ability to work with other practitioners as part of a team.
• A self-motivated team player with a personable disposition and excellent people skills, including the ability to relate to people in a friendly, understanding and professional manner.
• Ability to use RA system to be able to blocked therapist from their schedule for a training.
• Ability to work with other practitioners as part of a team.
SPA Therapist (Many position-Urgent)
• Experience in similar position or 150 hours Thai massage certification
• Basic communication in English
• Male / Female ages 22-35 years
• At least 1 years experience in relate position
• Best Service mind
• Able to communicate in English
• Must have excellent level of health